Last night, I held my first AMA–Ask Me Anything–(or is it IAmA–what is the difference?) on Reddit. I’d made the front page of Reddit last year (which apparently is a big deal), and I’d been getting requests to do an AMA since then. So I acquiesced, and I must say, it’s quite fun. Christy Turlington and The National also did AMAs on the same day as me. Obama’s AMA is the most popular AMA to ever have been done. If you missed mine last night, here is a link to read my first ever AMA. Enjoy!

P.S. As a boost to my own ego, I wanted to see how my AMA measured up to Christy Turlington’s–I had 478 comments while she had 34. I beat out a supermodel in a popularity contest on Reddit! Nerds reunite!

Article Tags :

1. Marilee says:

IAmA = I Am A (Blind Cook/Christine Ha). I missed the AMA but enjoyed reading through your answers! It also pointed me to your blog. 🙂

Thanks for the clarification, and I'm glad you enjoyed reading through the threads. It was pretty fun. Hopefully I'll do another in the future.

2. Chocolatesa says:

Cool! I've recently discovered Reddit and have been on there a lot recently. I'll go check it out!

3. Erin Lenseth says:

I wished I'd seen your AMA sooner! Life got busy and I didn't catch the end of Masterchef, so I was pleasantly surprised to see you'd won when I was reading through it today. You are really an inspiration!

4. Hannah says:

Just finished reading your AMA. I LOVED IT. You seem like such a genuine person. All the press you're getting is definitely deserved! I hope I get to try your food one day and can't wait for the cookbook!

5. Siddharth says:

Hi Christine. My sister and I are really big fans. I just have two questions.
    1) Who do you think was the most annoying person on Masterchef?
    2) Do you like eating Eastern type of foods or Western type of food items?

Thanks for your questions, but you're going to hate my answers.1. Everyone had their annoying moments (including myself), but I don't think there was any single person I could identify as being most annoying. I got along with everyone on the show. Of course, when the competition gets harder, everyone is on edge because we all wanted to win, so there were occasional arguments. But, for me overall, I liked everybody.2. I like both western and eastern foods, but I think if I absolutely had to choose, I frequently prefer eastern dishes over western only because they're flavors I'm more accustomed to.

6. Niki says:

Christine, kudos to you! I am always excited to see those who have over came challenges big or small. I grew up with a mom that is also blind. She too went from being sighted to having to re-learn how to approach sometimes even the simplest of tasks. I love that you have shown that nothing can hold you back! I have been waiting to get your cookbook and am glad it is finally here!

7. Siddharth says:

Oh, and congratulations on your win.